I have edited and translated over forty books and eighty films, and written several books of my own.
Combinations: English>Polish, Polish>English, Spanish>English, Spanish>Polish, Polish>Spanish.
Specialist subjects: psychology and psychiatry, medicine, public health and business.
Selected book titles:
– Conference Interpreting: A Students’ Companion (ENG>PL), 2004, Tertium
– Poland. Complete Guide (PL>ENG), 2008, Kluszczyński Publishing House
– Psychodynamic Techniques: Working with Emotion in the Therapeutic Relationship (ENG>PL),
2014, Jagiellonian University Press
– Sensory Processing Challenges: Effective Clinical Work with Kids & Teens (ENG>PL), 2015,
Jagiellonian University Press
– The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook (ENG>PL), 2015, Jagiellonian University Press
– The Polish People’s Republic and the Greek Civil War (PL>ENG), 2016, Institute of National Remembrance
– El minero polaco que llegó a santo (PL>SPA), 2016, Sociedad Minera de Alta Silesia [Editing and complementary translation]
– The Perfectionism Book (ENG>PL), 2016, W Drodze Publishing House
Selected film titles (ENG>PL, PL>ENG, SPA>PL):
– The Trip (dir. Michael Winterbottom, 2010)
– William S. Burroughs: A Man Within (dir. Yony Leyser, 2010)
– Killer Joe (dir. William Friedkin, 2011)
– The Company You Keep (dir. Robert Redford, 2012)
– Me and You (dir. Bernardo Bertolucci, 2012)
– Oszukane/Deceived (dir. Marcin Solarz, 2013)
– Magical Girl (dir. Carlos Vermut, 2014)
– The Witch: A New-England Folktale (dir. Robert Eggers, 2015)
– Mistress America (dir. Noah Baumbach, 2015)
– Green Room (dir. Jeremy Saulnier, 2015)
– El Apóstata (dir. Federico Veiroj, 2015)
– A Date for Mad Mary (dir. Darren Thornton, 2016)
– Lovesong (dir. So Yong Kim, 2016)
– El Bar (dir. Álex de la Iglesia, 2017)
I have written EFL books and exam sheets for Express Publishing Poland and WSiP – the biggest Polish publisher of educational materials:
– Matura Companion. Lesson Plans and Coursebook Syllabus. Express Publishing/EGIS. 2005,
ISBN 83-7396-415-0. New, completely revised edition published in 2008, ISBN 978-83-7396-632-1
– Gimnazjum Companion. Lesson Plans. EGIS. 2008, ISBN 978-83-7396-704-5
– Matura Repetytorium. Revised English Oral Exam. Lesson Plans. Express Publishing/EGIS. 2011,
– Gimnazjum Repetytorium. Lesson Plans. Express Publishing/EGIS. 2012, ISBN 978-83-7396-943-8
– Smileys 1. A Guide for Parents. Express Publishing/EGIS. 2013, ISBN 978-83-7396-982-7
– English exam sheets for Polish secondary school students, published by WSiP in 2009 and 2010
IN-HOUSE EFL EDITOR
For 10 years I worked as an editor in the Polish editorial office of the internationally renowned
Express Publishing company specializing in EFL coursebooks. My tasks included:
– content editing and copy editing of English and Polish texts, amongst them the following coursebook series: Welcome Kids, Welcome Friends, Fairyland, Access, Starland, Prime Time, Upload, Smileys, Smart Time.
– localization of content in accordance with the requirements of the Polish Ministry of Education.
– project management and basic desktop publishing.
I have taught mainly late teenage and young adult groups at private English schools and universities: International House Cracow, Tischner European University, AFM Cracow University, Gama-Bell School of English, Jagiellonian University Collegium Medicum, Studio Language Academy and Asesoría Canales in Valencia, Spain.
The courses covered general or specialized English, and some culminated in the FCE or CAE exam. Specialized courses were tailored to the needs of university students, and included such areas as business, accounting, psychology, medicine and public health.